Composite is a collective term for materials made up of different components. Various construction products are made from this, including facade cladding made of composite (composite material), mostly in panel form for cladding the outer walls of the house or building.
Table of Contents
Composite cladding is used a lot in renovations. For facade cladding, composite is used in combination with stone or wood. Composite cladding is made of PVC and wood consists of 95% wood fibers and 5% synthetic resin among other things.
Decisive criteria for a facade made of wood composite systems.In addition to the structural advantages, there are weather resistance, durability, thermal insulation, and maintenance-free.
Composite facade cladding
Façade shells made of wood are easy to assemble, have a pleasant appearance, and have good properties for thermal insulation. However, many planners and builders fear that the material “works” and has to be serviced at regular intervals. Anyone who appreciates the advantages of wood, but does not want to accept its typical characteristics, also opts for WPC for the facade. If you want the facade cladding to have a long service life and be maintenance-free, you should use WPC products that have been designed for the facade.
Advantages of a WPC facade cladding
Due to the polymer content, the facade profiles are resistant to weather and UV radiation. The material combination also benefits the contemporary material in terms of maintenance. The advantages of the WPC facade are obvious. Best rear ventilation and maximum weather protection in combination with shape and color stability.
The advantages of a WPC facade cladding:
• Weather resistance: for harsh weather and more environmentally friendly living
• Protective polymer shell – offers far better resistance to fading and staining.
• good insulating effect pays off in the long run through the use of high-quality materials.
• Easy to care for – environmental dirt can be removed easily and simply with a water jet (high pressure or hose).
• Maintenance-free: WPC withstands wind and weather without additional treatment. Untreated surfaces do not turn gray. The facade does not require sanding, painting or painting.
• Splinter-free and crack-free, you do not need a recurring surface treatment.
• Low density, low weight – the low density of the composite facade panels makes them light and easy to assemble.
Buy now : Composite facade panel
• No clips – you do not need any fastening clips for facade panels to assemble our composite facade cladding with tongue and groove. (with certain manufacturers)
• Uniformity – The composite tongue and groove cladding ensures very even and smooth surfaces with a natural wood grain. (with certain manufacturers)
• Easy Installation – The panels snap into place easily without affecting the spacing between the panels.
• Pre-Drilled Holes – Facade cladding panels are also made with tongue and groove systems and equipped with pre-drilled holes so that the boards can be easily and easily fixed in place without shifting or moving. (with certain manufacturers)
• Extensive: In addition to normal WPC panels, some manufacturers also offer tailor-made corner profiles.
Disadvantage WPC facade cladding:
Higher acquisition costs compared to the similar cladding made of metal and polyvinyl chloride, and the dark-colored panels lose their color saturation in the first year of operation. Despite the fact that WPC panels are subject to thermal expansion under the influence of external conditions, this is not considered a disadvantage. This is only 1-3 mm per running meter, and this fact must be taken into account during installation.
Read more: Wood or Composite decks?
Read More: Composite Fence, what’s the idea?