The kind of stain you want to remove can affect how easy it is to maintain the fence. Like other building materials, the fence can get damaged. Also, like other building material, a fence needs maintenance. If you feel that your fence appearance is distorted by stain or scratch, then you should not hesitate to maintain it. The kind of maintenance you give depends on what you want to remove. The article discusses how to take care of your fence.
How can I keep my fence clean?
Dirt and mud can stick to the surface of your fence. To peel off dirt and mud, use a brown first. You can proceed to the next step after using the broom to scratch the mud from the fence. To scrub the spot, look for soapy water and a soft brush. You should scrub the grain of the fencing board. A hard brush can scratch the surface of your fence. You should scrub along the grain because it will scratch the fence. You can rinse your fence with a garden hose when you are done scrubbing. It can be done by using a power washer or splashing water on a bucket.
You should follow the guidelines when using a power washer.
- The hose should not be too close to the fence.
- The pressure on the surface of the fence can peel it off.
- Grease stains are easier to remove than wood stains.
- Most of the fencing is capped. They have an extra layer of plastic on the surface. It is impossible for water or oil to penetrate your fence with this layer of plastic.
- Grease and oil can still stick to the fence. All you need is a soft brush and soapy water.
- When you clean your fence, use the soapy water to remove grease and oil. Sometimes you need a more powerful stain removal to deal with stubborn stains. If the stain is stubborn, use a cleaner that will remove the grease. These kinds of cleaners are good for removing tar and grease.
- Another way to maintain the fence is by removing mold and Mildew. If you want to prevent mould from growing on your fence, you need to clean it at least twice a year.
How to remove a mould
It is possible for mould to grow on decaying organic materials. To keep your composite free from mold, you must remove leaves, twigs and pollen grain. If the mould is on your fence, you should use a cleaner to remove it. The cleanser should be applied to the spot. You have removed the mold. You should rinse it with water after scrubbing it. Tannin stain can distort the surface of your fence. Commercial cleaner design can be used to remove tannin from the fence surface. After applying the cleaner to the surface of the fence, make sure to rinse it with water. If not removed quickly, Calcium Chloride can distort the surface of your fence.
Give the spot a light scrub and use a hose to spray water on it to remove calcium. The chalk marks can be washed with water and left to fade away. If you can’t use water, you might have to use a cleaner. It can be difficult to remove the scratch from the fence. You can leave it to fade or disappear if the scratch is light. If the scratch is too obvious that it distorts your fence appearance, then you might have to give it a good painting. If you want to remove a stain, maintaining a fence is easy. It’s important to remove anything that might destroy your fence.
Read more: Is the composite fence any good?
Read more: How do you restore a composite fence?