It depends on the type of deck you purchase. There are two different installation methods for the two types of deck boards. Bolts and clips are required to fix the grooves in the boards. The boards must be fastened to the joists with screws. If you want a clean finish on your deck, you should use clips and a fastening. They only work on boards with grooves.
Why do we use clips and screws to install my deck?
You can use clips and screws to install your deck. They are used to replace screws and nails that are used to install wood and ungrooved deck. After you have laid the deck, some clips will hold it in place. The clips will be attached to the joists with the help of the fasteners. Unlike installing your deck with screws, you don’t attach the screws directly to the boards. Instead, you use the screws to hold the clips in place, and the clips to hold the deck to the joists.
Types of clips
There are two types of clips. The starter clips looked like the letter L. Intermediate clips look like the letter T. You can get grooves in the deck.
Method of installation
The method of installing the boards is the same regardless of the type of board you purchase. We will look at the installation method until the boards are on the joists. As part of your installation plan, you have to prepare where you will install the deck. If you want to build a deck in your garden, you should clear the space.
- This might include landscaping your garden to give it a smooth surface or removing debris to give it a clear space. You can mark the spot where you will put the deck after clearing your garden.
- To know how wide your deck will span, you’ll need a marker and tape. You can mark where you will dig the holes.
- If you want a wood plastic deck with a solid foundation, you need post holes. The deep post holes should provide a good footing. The posts should be of the desired height since you will cover the holes with cement. The frame that holds the posts is the substructure. It is the same as the frame of a roof on which you will attach the roofing sheets.
- Attach the plank to the posts until you have covered it. Attach treated planks so that they don’t rot. The best way to build your joists is with the best plank of wood. Composite joists will last as long as your wood plastic composite decking. Attach the planks to the posts to build the outer frame. The inner frame can be built by attaching more planks to the posts.
- You should lay the deck boards on the frame after you have built it. If you are using clips, you need to purchase a board made of wood plastic. The side of the boards will be fastened with clips. The clips will be put in place. L clips are used to install the first lines of the deck. Since starter clips don’t have two sides, they can’t hold down two boards. To hold two boards in place, you have to use T or intermediate. Until you have finished everything, you should keep installing wood plastic.
Can I use clips and screws to install my deck? You can use clips and screws to build a deck. This is the best way to finish your deck.
Read more: Why Should Homeowners Consider Composite Decking in Sweden?